Sadly, the summer holidays are a long distant memory and many of us are struggling to find the momentum needed to propel us through the month. Big things like work, the school run and errands consume our day (and energy), and despite those well-intentioned new year’s resolutions, the idea of doing any kind of hygiene cleaning is more than we can bare. But clean we must, so to brighten your day – after all, everything seems a little lighter when we laugh – here are our favourite cleaning quotes.
- My second favourite household chore is ironing. My first being hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint. —Erma Bombeck
- I’m not going to vacuum until Sears makes one you can ride on. —Roseanne Barr
- There was no need to do any housework at all. After the first four years the dirt doesn’t get any worse. —Quentin Crisp
- My idea of housework is to sweep the room with a glance. —Erma Bombeck
- If your house is really a mess and a stranger comes to the door, greet him with, “Who could have done this? We have no enemies.” —Phyllis Diller
- My idea of superwoman is someone who scrubs her own floors. —Bette Midler
- A bright person can always think of something better to do than housework. —Ruby Lou Barnhill
- Dust is a protective coating for fine furniture. —Mario Buatta
- Housework can’t kill you, but why take a chance? —Phyllis Diller
- I hate housework. You make the beds, you wash the dishes and six months later you have to start all over again. —Joan Rivers
And on that light note, we hope you’ve summoned enough energy to begin your spring cleaning. If you haven’t and you’d really rather be doing something else, call the experts – QClean are Cape Town’s cleaning specialists, they deal with everything from renovation cleaning and hygiene cleaning to carpet cleaning and upholstery cleaning on a daily basis; there isn’t a mess they can’t handle, leaving you free to do the things you’d much rather be doing.