Just received a message: “See you in 10?” Now what? Your home is a mess and you now only have ten minutes to clean it. Race through these quick clean tips as quickly as you can:
- Find a focal point. Dedicate one space where you will focus your guests’ attention. If it’s the living room, clear off tables (read: find a basket or cupboard and shove items in fast). Wipe the television; it’s a focal point in most rooms and the last thing you want is to focus on the dust.
- Clean the toilet. Pour some bleach or toilet cleaner into the bowl, swish it around with a brush. Wipe down the seat, toilet bowl and surrounding floor with toilet paper, and flush. Hide the dirty towels in a cupboard and wipe out the sink.
- Turn down the lights or close the blinds. Light accentuates the dust on your shelves and side tables, you definitely don’t want them to see that!
- Pet hair problem. If you have pets, use a rubber glove or lint roller to remove pet hair from couches and chairs. Your guests will notice if you haven’t done this; they won’t think twice if you have.
- Make dishes disappear. For this magic trick, you will need room in your oven—because that’s where your dishes are going to go. In the time it takes to say “abracadabra”, your sink will be empty and your kitchen presentable.
- If all else fails, suggest you meet for a drink – somewhere else!
Wow, I’m exhausted just writing this. Hopefully these quick cleaning tips will help you make a good first impression. If you’d like to keep making first impressions, I happen to know a team that specialises in exactly that. They are able to hygienically makeover your home so all you will need to do is a quick once-over, in-between hygiene makeovers, and your home will look as good as new. Give QClean a call today.